The BASHandSlash.com Feed

BASH Webcasts

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

BASH Fanmail

Purse your lips (hiccup) and blow the celebratory horns everyone, BASH has received its first ever unsolicited fan-mail.

And man, are we stoked! (Burp).

The crew and I have been partying non-stop over this for the past 24 hours. In fact I can barely see the keyboard at the moment as I am currently blowing way past 0.08.


Ok...Truth be told (hiccup) we were already 15 hrs into the partying when we got the fan-mail, but I like to think we were psychic about the whole thing.

From: '{PST}kingNOOB'
Sent: Mon Jan 8 8:59
To:

Hello, just a bit of information!

I'm a member of PST, was just listening to episode 5 where you said where
ppl listened to BASH. Just wanna inform you that i live in Northern Norway,
at 71 degrees to be exact! Good show btw! :)

Thank you kingNOOB way up there in beautiful Norway. 71 degrees, eh? Must be global warming. I kid. I kid. I know you're talking trigonometry and stuff.

The Norwegian Flag.


Check out where all our Northern Listeners live:
















I have always wanted to go to Norway. They of course have this wonderful Viking heritage: they were fearsome warriors. The mere sight of a Viking ship would make an 8th century Irishman pee his leine.






Gunnar, fearsome Viking warrior.




Very handsome people in Norway. And clearly, they've got great taste in webcasts.

{PST} kingNOOB has been playing COD2 (belch) since it came out and is a regular on the PST game servers. Not a fragger, as he calls it (run and gun style of play) he'd nevertheless like to check out the Devil Dogz server.

Well kingNOOB, you can get the IP addresses for the (spittle) servers on the devil dogz website (link on my webcast page), b
ut I'll make it easy for you...here you go:

Devil dogz server (New Jersey): 66.55.131.100

Our "War" Server (St. Louis) is: 8.6.75.166


We use Ventrilo 66.55.149.15, Port number 4664 for communications.

kingNOOB also asked me when are we doing a piece on COD2 mapping?

Well, that's where we're headed. There's still a bit of a way to go to get there but we do intend to talk about creating maps and doing serious modding. My guess though is that we're a few months away at the very least as we have some ground to cover before we can get there.

Our intention with Bash is have you the listener travel on a journey through COD2 starting from the very beginning (remember when you kept fragging yourself with your own nades ... wasn't that cute!) and progress into the more technically sophisticated topics without completely blowing your minds.


Wish us luck on that.

In the meantime, please marvel at a Norwegian Fjord - I just love the fiddly little curves...