The BASHandSlash.com Feed

BASH Webcasts

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

We've been punked: Update #3

I wanted to post an answer I received from Even Balance's technical folks on an issue I and many of you have run into when setting up PunkBuster on your computer:

Here's the question I posed to Even Balance Technical Support:

I would like to create a Windows XP account profile - with limited priveleges to run CoD2 online. I moved CoD2 to a shared directory. It runs fine. But after a few seconds after going into a server I'm getting an O/S Priveleges error from PB.

How do I rectify this situation?

Glenn Courington from Even Balance answered:
When our PB Services are completely utilized in CoD2 (they are not at this point) it will be possible to run the games as a limited user on PB-enabled servers. Until that time, you will still need to run the game as an Administrator.

I must tell you that running CoD as an admin opens you up to internet security issues, so I would like to please ask the PB guys to see if they can make this issue a priority!

Relevant posts:

PunkBuster